A guide on where to live as a solo parent
Many people embarking on solo motherhood have to make a decision on whether to stay in the location where they currently live or relocate to somewhere else, possibly closer to family. There are many considerations to take into account when trying to make this decision.
This booklet explores the 6 key considerations of deciding where to live as a solo parent.
This booklet covers:
- The advantages of solo parenting when it comes to where to live
- Your support network and how to decide who to have close by
- Whether your ego is in the way of making a decision
- Exploring childcare options
- The cost of housing and the impact on where to live
- How to deal with an area that is less cosmopolitan and more closed minded
- The impact your job has on where to live