A guide on managing solo mum guilt
Mum guilt is the pervasive feeling of not doing enough as a parent, not doing things right, or making decisions that may ‘mess up’ your kids in the long run.
Solo mum guilt is a layer that goes on top of the general mum guilt, where we can feel additional guilt for the impact to our child of us not having a partner and them not having a father in their life.
This booklet covers:
- Understanding what solo mum guilt is and why we experience it
- 3 main themes of solo mum guilt
- Reframing our mindset, to become active rather than passive in the process
- Using guilt to prompt changes
- Practical tools and techniques to manage different elements of solo mum guilt