Group Coaching Course: Choosing Solo
Group coaching for single women considering solo motherhood
Currently running on:
26th February, 4th March and 11th March
From 8pm – 9.30pm GMT
Group coaching for people considering solo parenthood
The course is designed for those considering embarking on solo parenthood who would like to better understand their options as well as those who have made the decision already but are looking to fully embrace their decision with full confidence. We cover a variety of topics as detailed below, but the course is very much shaped by the specific requirements of the group.
- Welcome and introductions; sharing your current situation within a supportive space, check in of how you are doing and any elements you'd particularly like to focus on (you do not need to share if you don't want to)
- Considering your options: Exploring the options available and how to make the decision of which is your preferred options
- Re-imaging family: Letting go of any remaining grieving for the ‘traditional route’ to becoming a parent and shifting perspectives on what family means in solo parenthood
- Working through your fears: Identifying the fears you have surrounding this journey and a undertaking a powerful exercise to work through them
- Owning your solo parent story: Building confidence in embracing your unique journey, as well as being able to confidently communicate with your child and those around you
- Getting others onboard: Techniques to get your family and friends onboard and how to communicate to those around you
- The first half of the session is a discussion about the exercises covered in week 1
- The second half of the session covers:
- Understanding your finances and finance options
- Choosing a clinic
- Getting treatment abroad
- Choosing a suitable treatment
- Choosing a donor
*If you have already started treatment, this part of the course can be a good opportunity to share your experiences with the rest of the group.
- Preparing yourself and your body: Signposting to a range of experts on how to best prepare for a journey towards solo parenthood
- Managing treatment solo: How to stay grounded when going through fertility treatment without a partner
- Building your Solo Parent Tribe: Identifying and establishing a support system—friends, family, community, and professional resources. Including tools and techniques for ensuring you get the help and support you need. Balancing independence with collaboration.
- Letting go of solo parent comparison; Strategies for overcoming the comparison trap and staying focused on your individual path
- Future Planning; Walking away with a clear plan of your next steps on this journey
One of the biggest benefits of attending the Group Coaching Course is the network of other people you get connected with. Many previous course participants are still in touch with their group and find them a great part of their support network.
- 3 x 90 minute group video call sessions (4.5 hours of group coaching time in total)
- 3 x pre recorded content videos sent prior to the each week of the course to allow more opportunity for discussion in the session
- Connect by video dial in using Zoom
- Explore weekly content as a group
- Group coaching and the opportunity to ask your own questions to cover any personal areas of interest
- The format is set up so that you can just listen to the content, or you can interact if you would like to, to cater for everyones individual preferences.
- You will get the opportunity to join a whatsapp group with the other participants to keep in touch throughout the course and after it has ended (if you desire)
The course will run with minimum 2 participants and maximum 14 participants. (In the unlikely event that a course does not have enough participants to run, you will receive a full refund).
The course costs £99 for the 3 sessions and comes with a free downloadable Choosing Solo Journal to document your journey. If money is an issue for you, please do get in touch, as I would hate finances to be a reason you missed out on this course.
If you have any questions about the course or how to register, please get in touch.
When and Where
|Course Start Date
26th Feb 24, 18th Jan 24