Group coaching for solo parents looking to thrive
The course is designed for solo parents who want support to thrive. We cover various topics as detailed below, but the course is very much shaped by the requirements of the group
- Welcome and introductions; and sharing individual experiences within a supportive space, check in of how you are doing and any elements holding you back when it comes to solo parenting
- Re-imaging family: Letting go of any remaining grieving for the ‘traditional route’ to becoming a parent and shifting perspectives on what family means in solo parenthood
- Owning your solo parent story: Building confidence in embracing your unique journey, as well as being able to confidently communicate with your child and those around you
- Letting go of solo parent comparison; Strategies for overcoming the comparison trap and staying focused on your individual path
- Building Resilience: Coping mechanisms, stress management, and self-care strategies tailored for solo parents.
- Building your Solo Parent Tribe: Identifying and establishing a support system—friends, family, community, and professional resources. Including tools and techniques for ensuring you get the help and support you need. Balancing independence with collaboration.
- Preventing Loneliness: Strategies to stop the feelings of lonliness, embracing time alone and techniques for re-defining your social life
- Solo Parenting Tools and Techniques: Practical discussions on managing a solo parent household, child care, and navigating the challenges of solo parenting.
- Emotional Wellness: Exploring solo parent identity, self-discovery, and finding personal fulfilment while balancing parenthood. Strategies for carving out time for yourself, taking care of yourself and being kind to yourself.
- Future Planning; Walking away with a clear plan of changes you want to make and how you want to embrace your solo parent life
One of the biggest benefits of attending the Group Coaching Course is the network of other people you get connected with. Many previous course participants of the Stork and I Group Coaching Courses are still in touch with their group and find them a great part of their support network. The work can continue with the group long after the course comes to an end.
- 3 x 60 minute group video call sessions (3 hours of group coaching time in total)
- Connect by video dial in using Zoom
- Explore weekly pre-recorded content as a group from a variety of experts and guest speakers (pre recorded)
- The content will be tailored to the specific interests of the group
- Group coaching and the opportunity to ask your own questions to cover any personal areas of interest
- The format is set up so that you can just listen to the content, or you can interact if you would like to, to cater for everyones individual preferences.
- Ongoing Support: Establishing a post-course support group to continue the bond and provide ongoing assistance and encouragement to each other
- Resources and Tools: Handouts, worksheets, and recommended readings to support ongoing personal development and provide additional information beyond the course duration.
The course will run with minimum 2 participants and maximum 14 participants. (In the unlikely event that a course does not have enough participants to run, you will receive a full refund).
The course costs £99 for the 3 sessions. If money is an issue for you, please do get in touch, as I would hate finances to be a reason you missed out on this course.
If you have any questions about the course or how to register, please get in touch.