What I’m doing right now. (inspired by Derek Sivers)
Role: Solo Parent Support
- Thriving Solo, the Stork and I Membership Site for solo mums is now life. You can sign up here, to get access to a founder member offer of £9.99 per month
- I have launched a new course for 2022 called Solo Parenthood Conversations. It’s for solo parents to gain more confidence speaking to their child about being donor conceived and it’s got 5 star reviews.
- I’m holding a call every Wednesday evening at 8pm for solo mums to connect and chat about anything we fancy! We’ve covered surviving lockdown, support network, dating and much more! I’ve loved meeting everyone on these calls.
- I share a day in the life of a solo parent on my Instagram account
- I loved raising the positive awareness of solo mums on Sky News and BBC2 Victoria Derbyshire
- I continue to work frequently with admired experts to provide advice to The Stork and I Mum Tribe in live interviews.
- I’ve released new dates for my group coaching courses that can be accessed here.
- I’m working on releasing more dates for group coaching to cover different timezones.
- I have updated the content in all 3 coaching courses based on feedback from the courses run in 2021
- I’m doing more and more 1:2:1 coaching sessions with women from all around the world
- I’ve created a VIP Coaching package for those who want that additional support throughout their journey
- Am partnering with fertility clinics that I believe offer a good service to solo mums to offer individual 1:2:1 coaching
Role: Content Creator
- I have recently updated my website with a new look and feel and to make the support on offer easier to find
- Series 5 of The Stork and I Podcast is now being recorded. Series 1 covered the decision to become a solo mum. Series 2 covers the process itself. Series 3 is a collection of solo parent stories and Series 4 is with experts from throughout the process. Series 5 is dedicated to donor conception and includes DCP voices as well as interviews with experts in this area.
- I’m educating myself on Black Lives Matter. I understand not being racist isn’t enough and am working on being anti-racist and a true ally. I am trying to be mindful to incorporate this into my work.
- Reaching out to lots of interesting folks to collaborate on providing engaging, well informed material for solo parents
- Writing lot’s of content to share with partners I am working with in blog posts for solo parents
- Offering advice and support on making content inclusive for single people and solo parents
- I’m juggling being a mum with working and having a bit of time to myself.
- My daughter turned 4 in February and I am loving this age as she is developing such a little personality. It’s also a tough age for managing emotions!
- I’m reading so many books about changing the negative singe narrative. I’m on book number 4 of 2022. I am sharing all my recommended reads in my Thriving Solo Book Club.
- I moved into my new house in Southport in March 2021. One year later and I am still working through renovating it room by room! It’s getting there. We are having an annual solo mum meet up in August, so that’s my target date to finish a lot of the work!
Updated 2nd March 2022